Ana is an adventure-lover, scientist and speaker who advocates for diversity, science and climate action. With a strong scientific background, Ana understands that science needs to be at the forefront of climate action. Ana works as a research fellow at the University of Aberdeen. Her research links theoretical and empirical ecology to inform biodiversity conservation. Ana believes that, for science to shape people’s actions, it needs to be communicated effectively. She helps scientists and organisations to communicate their science through innovative performing arts. In 2018, she hosted her own science stand-up comedy TV show. Ana is an HB2 Alumna; for HB4, she will play a critical role facilitating ship-to-shore communications/media and, on the ground in Ushuaia as well as on-ship, she will help ensure participants and faculty have what they need when they need it, as the administration/logistics representative of HB HQ.
More HB articles
- Antarctica is running out of time: Homeward Bound collaboration calls for new MPA
- Leadership lessons driving the race to net zero: Lorna Slater
- Questions on leadership for #TeamHB5
- Why women’s visibility is a central pillar of Homeward Bound
- Inclusion – space to recognise and challenge implicit bias