Fern manages Science Communication and Collaboration at the Arthur Rylah Institute for Environmental Research (ARI) in Victoria, Australia. She connects people and knowledge; within ARI, and beyond. She has a research background in Antarctic algae and freshwater fish, and extensive experience in engagement, environmental education and citizen science, from Australia’s wild deserts and Wet Tropics to India. Fern has volunteered in Australia, Tanzania, Myanmar and Pakistan and was a founding member of the Jane Goodall Institute Australia. Fern plays an active role in emergency management. She is a Fellow of Rachel Carson Centre, Munich. Fern is an HB1 alumna.
More HB articles
- Homeward Bound’s statement on global conflict
- Learning to Lead During the Global Pandemic: Bernie-Anne Freeman
- 5 ways climate change boosts tsunami threat, from collapsing ice shelves to sea level rise
- Why tackling leadership capability might be one of the best things we can do to solve wicked problems
- Celebrating the “right kind” of leader