May 9, 2022
Homeward Bound is seeking a full-time Operations Manager.
About the job
Homeward Bound is a global leadership initiative for women in STEMM. It was started in 2014 with a dream to address the environmental challenges of the planet by encouraging and helping STEMM women to lead and make a difference to the change we want to see in the world. With a focus on gender equity Homeward Bound delivers an 11-month online leadership program with the opportunity for a face-to-face intensive when global travel allows. For the first four years of the program, this took place on a voyage to Antarctica. Homeward Bound is a registered as a not-for-profit organisation with a volunteer board.
About the role
The Operations Manager will work with the CEO to drive operational sustainability and efficiency to set a positive workplace culture and frameworks to meet operational and strategic outcomes with 3 internal team members as well as an external bookkeeper reporting to the role.You will:
- manage the day to day operations of a global online learning leadership program.
- Be responsible for financial systems including payroll, accounts payable using Xero and financial modelling.
- You will support in particular two key collaboration projects driven by the CEO
1. the development of a learning management system (LMS) and
2. A global, online alumnae engagement platform to increase alumnae collaboration.
Our ideal candidate
Homeward Bound welcomes interest in this role from people of diverse cultural and personal heritage, and in particular, people from First Nations communities.Key Selection Criteria:
- You will have three or more years’ experience in a related role
- You will have a relevant bachelor’s degree or higher in finance, business administration or operations.
- You will support gender equity and have some understanding of the needs of women in STEMM
- You will have experience managing staff
- You will have worked in a virtual/hybrid environment within a national or global community
- Languages other than English will be of benefit particularly Spanish.
The HB environment
With an alumnae of over 500 women and at least 100 women joining the program each year, we have a growing active community. Many signed up to the program to have the opportunity to network with other women in STEMM and meet in person via a global intensive experience. We are a young organisation with opportunities for growth. We use Teams and Asana as our main collaboration tools.
We offer a flexible working environment; the role is virtual so the successful candidate could be based anywhere in Australia and possibly overseas subject to employment conditions/workable time zones. Homeward Bound is focused on being an equitable and inclusive employer.
To view a full position description, click here for more details.
Important: When you apply, please incorporate a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria with your resume as one document.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close May 25, 2022.